Napa Solano Vegans
Welcome to Napa Solano Vegans! We are a newly formed group of vegans, vegetarians, and aspiring vegetarian who live in Napa and Solano County, including the cities of American Canyon, Napa, and Vallejo, and the surrounding areas.
If you're already vegan or aspire to be one or just curious, or anywhere in between, we invite you to become part of our group and connect with others who strive to make a difference -- through our food choices -- for the animals, our own health, and planet Earth and the wildlife we share it with.
Please join us in creating a vibrant, compassionate, plant-strong vegan community. These are the current activities (led by volunteers)
- Animal Lover's Book Club - meeting bi-monthly, Sundays at 4 pm at the Vallejo Bookstore
- Vegan Food Party - 4th Saturday, monthly, locations vary throughout Napa & Solano county
- Healthy Veg Discussion & Support Group - 2nd Thursday, monthly, meeting at a private residence in Benicia
- Knit, Purl, Crochet & Chat club - meeting twice a month, on Friday, at a private residence in Vallejo
- this is a core part of what we do, creating awareness of how animals are raised and promoting animal-free foods.
- Leafleting - we have "adopted" these colleges, Napa Valley College (Napa), Solano Community College (Fairfield), Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill), and leaflet three times each semester at each school. We also leaflet during for the first day of the semester at CSU East Bay (Hayward) and Contra Costa College (San Pablo)
- Vegan Food Outreach - dates & locations vary, see event calendar
- Tabling - Earth Day, Unity Day, etc.
As our group grows, we hope to expand to offer many more types of events, too.
Stay In Touch
Please check out the event calendar for upcoming events, and subscribe to our newsletter to get updates directly to your inbox. We also have a Page and a "Napa Solano" Group on Facebook as well. We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event!
If you'd like to get even more involved, volunteers are welcome to help us organize events, hang flyers, research vegan foods at local restaurants and many other ways. All we need is your willingness to put your Compassion in Action! Please contact us with your interest.