Original Event Notes:
You are invited to join BAVeg and friends for our 4th Saturday vegan food party!
Our goal is to have a community vegan dinner on the 4th Saturday of every month, so please mark your calendar and spend your 4th Saturdays with us!
What is a Vegan Food Party? It's like a potluck, where everyone brings a dish to share. (More info on VFP).
It is a great opportunity to
- bring out your favorite HOMECOOKED dish to share or "test" out new recipes on willing volunteers
- rehome a vegan book you no longer need, or perhaps pick one up
- meet old & new friends, and create community with others of a like-mind
If you want to help us setup, please plan to arrive at 4:45 pm
For everyone else, please plan to arrive at 5 pm
IMPORTANT: Please bring everything you need to eat with (one place setting for yourself) and a serving utensil for your dish. We do not provide silverware or plates. Please bring re-usable items, not disposables, to minimize trash..
- All contributions are entirely plant-based (no animal or insect by-products, such as fish, chicken, dairy, whey, eggs, honey, shellac, casein...)
- Each person should bring a homemade vegan food that serves 6-8 people; for a couple, you may double your dish or choose to bring two dishes
- Recipe or at minimum an Ingredient list, with your name, in case people have questions or praise
Location: Please RSVP for location, and include the number of people attending (so we can plan for space and seating). Just CLICK on my name above, where it says "Host".
We will be expanding venues and hosting the VFP in other parts of Vallejo, American Canyon and Napa!
Everyone is welcome. You don't need to be vegan to attend, only your dish needs to be vegan. However, please respect the vegan community and space we are creating and refrain from non-vegan comments, mockery or rudeness - that is simply not welcome and won't be tolerated.
- Do you have a 6' table (and ideally a tablecloth, too) that you can bring for us to use? Or if you have an unused folding table, please consider donating it to us. We are a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Volunteers to help clean-up and put away tables and chairs after the event
- Help promoting the event on social media or hanging flyers (email me for one you can print and hang)
New to vegan food? Have questions or need recommendations for recipes? Want to stay in touch for more information?
Please join our Napa Solano community. You can join the interactive group on FB and we also have a newsletter. To be added to the newsletter mailing list for future distribution, please subscribe online